Frequently Asked Questions


  • To pick up your Talon Card, please visit one of our three Talon One Service Centers. Remember to bring a current government-issued photo ID (driver's license or passport) to pick up your Talon Card.
  • There is a $14 fee for your first Talon Card, which is applied to your student account when your receive the card.
  • There is a $25 replacement fee for replacing your Talon Card. If your card is experiencing issues due to normal wear and tear, we will waive the $25 replacement fee.

  • If you are a residential student, your on-campus housing PIN can be reset by visiting and selecting "Update Your PIN." Resetting your PIN will ensure your room is secure, even if someone else has your Talon Card.

    For KCash and Meal Plans, please log into My Card Manager and select "Card Services" on the top of the page. Select the card to deactivate under "Deactivate Card," and then click "Deactivate Card" at the bottom, right.

    To deactivate your Fifth Third Bank account from your Talon Card, you will need to contact Fifth Third Bank directly at 1-800-782-0279.

  • We advise against puncturing your Talon Card; it contains special technology that will be damaged and rendered inoperable by hole-punching. Our University Stores carry a variety of ID holders available for purchase. Please note, a $25 replacement fee will be charged for a damaged card due to punctures of any kind.

Door Access

  • We are more than happy to apply access that has been granted to your Talon Card. All door access is granted by the campus Door Access department, and must be requested by a designated point of contact for your department/school/college. For more information, please visit

  • All door access requests are also submitted to the Door Access department by a designated point of contact for your department/school/college. For more information about requesting door access, please visit Once your request has been processed, please visit the Talon One Service Center to pick up your physical keys.

Registered Visitors

  • To sponsor a registered visitor, a Service Request Form must be filled out and returned to Human Resources. If a group needs to be sponsored and require NetID’s, a NetID Request Form must be completed and returned to Talon Card Services. Please remember that if a NetID is requested, a date of birth (DOB), and the last four digits of their social security number (SSN) is required.

Student Refunds