Online Photo SubmissionView the instructions and guidelines for uploading your Talon Card photo.
KCash BalanceCheck your current balance and deposit funds to your account
Door AccessLearn about door access types and permissions, or submit an access request.
Meal PlansPurchase a Meal Plan or add Dining Dollars to your account.
Your Talon Card is an important part of your KSU experience.
What Your Card Can Do for You
- Identify you as a currently registered KSU student or faculty/staff member employed at KSU
- Gain access to The Commons and Stingers dining halls to use your Meal Plan
- Grant access to ride the Big Owl Bus between campuses
- Door Access – gain access to rooms/buildings (based on your credentials)
- Use the equipment and services of the Wellness and Recreation Centers on campus
- Make copies and print on machines across campus
- Make sales tax-free food purchases at campus restaurants, The Market and vending machines using Dining Dollars*
- Purchase goods and services on campus using the KCash debit account*
- Provides discounts at participating local area businesses
- Gets you into KSU sporting and other special events
Front of Talon Card
- KSU ID Number
Back of Talon Card
- Door Access
- Mag Stripe Readers
- Rec Center
- Meal Plans
- Dining Dollars
- Library Barcode
Update Your Talon Card
Update your Talon Card at a HotSpot to refresh your access. Hold your Talon Card up to the HotSpot until the flashing/beeping stops, then repeat every seven days.
If you have a previous version of the KSU campus ID card, don’t worry, it still works, and you are not required to replace it.
DO NOT punch a hole in the card as it will damage the SmartCard chip.